All of a sudden the holidays have appeared out of nowhere, I have spent the last week thinking that we still had time, but alas there are only mere days left. Not only with the holiday season and the hustle & bustle, but we also have the daunting task of creating our New Year’s Resolutions as 2011 is right on our doorstep.
One trick I have heard from many people and one that I now practice myself is to write down these resolutions or goals, it seems to make them more doable. Not sure what to resolve for 2011? Here are some ideas;
- Develop a regular yoga or meditation practice, perhaps you only make it once a week or four times a week, whatever your practice is, stick with it, or maybe even bump it up, perhaps you want to add a 2nd class to your week or even a fifth.
- Go deeper into your practice, perhaps a pose that you want to play with for 2011, master or even perfect…things like headstand, handstand, scorpion, side crow…
- Sign up for the yoga teacher training program you always dreamed about or take a yoga retreat vacation
- Set goals for the rest of your life; work, family, health, happiness!
- Take your dream vacation or at least plan it!
- Practice Santosha, Contentment or Satisfaction, being content with your actions and with what one has, what one is, where one is, and with what one has done or what one is doing.
If you take a peak across the web there are lots of handy tools to help make your new year’s resolutions actually come true. Here are a couple;
- Resolution Revolution; 3 Tips for Creating Real Change in the New Year -Great tips including deciding what’s not working in your life and figure out why it is still apart of your life!
- Set Goals, Create your Future with LuLuLemon’s Goaltender – a handy tool that allows you to set valuable goals for your life & to continue to keep track of them!
” Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than be the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines. Sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.”